Donate Stocks or Bonds
Invest in Better Futures with Your Investments
Donating stocks allows many of our donors to make the most of their charitable dollars and increase the impact of each donation.
- If your publicly traded stock has increased in value and you have owned it for more than one year, a donation of stock may provide better tax benefits than giving cash.
- The amount you can claim as a charitable income tax deduction is equal to the fair market value of the stock. Thus, you avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the current value over the original cost of the stock.
- Brokerage fees may be lower because you are transferring ownership rather than selling the stock.
If you would like to make a donation of stock to HabiJax, please note the following:
- EIN / Tax ID Number: 59-2880071
- Brokerage: Fidelity
- Account Name: Habitat for Humanity of Jacksonville
- Account Number: X90-858914
- DTC Number: 0226
- Reference: Donor Name (Including your name will ensure the gift is properly acknowledged.)
- Brokerage Address:
Attn: TOA Receives
PO Box 770001
Cincinnati, OH 45277-0036
Let Us Know
Donor information is not always fully communicated through the brokerage. It’s important to let us know of your donation. Please contact us with the following:
- Your name
- The name of stock being transferred
- The number of shares being transferred
- When the transfer has taken place
- Any areas to which your donation should be directed
Please contact Chris Folds, Chief Community Partnerships Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (904) 208-6651.
You should always discuss tax benefits with your tax advisor.