Participate in home construction, assist on the build site and work alongside our homebuyers, staff and other community volunteers. Help HabiJax build and renovate high-quality, affordable housing to create safe and sustainable homes for our families!
Location: Varies by day
Days: Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
Time: 8am – 3pm (see breakdown of typical schedule below)
- No drugs or alcohol at a work site.
- Volunteers under 18 years of age MUST bring a waiver of liability that has been signed by their parent/guardian with them to the morning registration.
- Volunteers are asked to not park in front of anyone’s driveway or mailbox.
- There will be a one-hour lunch break from 11:30 a.m to 12:30 p.m. Please bring a lunch with you or plan to go off-site during that time. Lunch is not provided by HabiJax.
- Construction locations, workdays and assignments are subject to change due to the unpredictable nature of volunteer construction work. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated so that we can ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all.
For court-ordered community service,
visit this page and apply BEFORE signing up.